Saturday, August 25, 2007

We love her .

Last night our daughter Eileen left Malaysia for Dublin to continue her 4th.Year of Medicine at the University College, Dublin , Ireland . All members of my family were at the airport to bid her farewell . She was in Malaysia for about 2 months for her holidays . No matter whatever misunderstandings that we have had between us , we still love her . We love her not because she is pursuing a noble profession but most of all we love her just because she is our daughter . At times I admit I felt so hurt and heart break due to her behavior which did not conform to our expectations . Sometimes I cried in silence blaming myself why I had failed to bring her up to be a good and obedient child . Frankly , my other children had not caused me to be in such a predicament as hers. I had almost gave up on her .Luckily God was always there to pacify me and to give me guidance in handling such a situation .She was also at loggerheads with her mother and I knew my wife cried in silence too . Sometimes I just pretended not to notice that tears were flowing from her eyes . However ,I was always there to coax her to bring her back to her feet .
I do not intend to brood on the past and my only hope is that she would concentrate on her studies .She should make it as a priority because only that would ensure her of a bright future .She would be making a grave mistake if she has other priorities . I do not want her to complicate her life with other matters .
May Allah guide and protect her . Amin .

No comments: