Thursday, August 02, 2007

Quick updates .

I have not been updating my blog for some time due to my busy schedule . Nothing much significant happened .Our daughter Eileen Farhana is back from Dublin for her long holidays . She would be going back to Dublin in early September 2007 to continue her 4th Year medical studies .
Our daughter Farin has reported back to her university at UTM Skudai after her 2 months holiday, to continue her 3rd.Year Electrical Engineering course . This time we allowed her to bring her Perodua Kembara which I officially gave her , to her campus to facilitate easy access to her classes . Any way I drove the car all the way down to Johor Bahru . I came back to Klang by express bus the next day .
On 21st July 2007 we went to Seremban to attend my old colleague ,Dato Kamarulzaman's son wedding . He married the NTV7 news reader Normanizam Dali . I had the opportunity to meet some of my old friends and subordinates who also attended the reception . As we were in Seremban we also took the opportunity to go to my wife's half sister Faridah's house . She was obviously surprised to see us at her house without prior notice . Unfortunately her husband Zaki was not at home . Any way it was a nice gesture on our part trying to unite the family .
On 28th July 2007 we ( my wife and Shidah ,Azman's wife )went to Serdang, Kedah to attend my former police detective Jamaluddin's daughter's wedding .Azman could not follow us as he he was having classes at UiTM ,Shah Alam where he is doing his MBA . For long I have been longing to see Jamaluddin in his house in Kedah . He is now retired and settled in his own village . Although we worked together only for a number years that was when I was posted to Segamat, Johor in the 1970s , the short stint had a great impact on me .It was from him that I learned the tricks of the trade of Police work . Day and night we were either on crime prevention rounds or laying in ambush for the criminal suspects .Then we would have our meals together . He is so dear to me and I regard him as a brother ( abang angkat ) .Jamaluddin retired much earlier than me and we were out of touch for a good number of years after that.He kept away from me because I was unable to fulfill his requests for a transfer and promotion .When I left Segamat he was also left in a corner by the officers there so much so that he was reverted into the uniform branch . I managed to trace him back in Serdang last year through the good office of DSP Zainal ,the OCPD of Serdang who happened to be my former subordinate officer in Bukit Aman .Last year when my son Azman got married he and his family came to see us in Penang and became part of our entourage to the bride's house . Now we are in constant in touch via the phone.
After about 3 hours in Jamaluddin's house , we then left for Penang . In Penang ,I had difficulty getting a hotel room as most of them were fully booked . It seemed that there was a Christian's holy celeberation ( St.Anne's ) and worshippers came all over the country . Luckily we managed to get the last room at Naza Hotel in Tg.To' Kong . After a refreshing bath and prayer , we sent Shidah to her house at Baya Baru which was in the vicinity of USM . It was a 5 storey flat and her family was on the 4th floor . I met her father downstairs for a while . As he was quite busy with his work , I left him and went up to his house . After being served with coffee and fried cempedak we left to go back to our hotel . On the way we stopped at a Nasi Kandar restaurant to have our dinner . We noticed that the price of food in Penang was still cheaper than anywhere else .
The next morning Shidah came to our hotel room with her father . Shidah's father apologised to us because he was unable to be with us in his house the previous day as he was busy with his work , selling durians .
We left Penang at about 12.00 noon . On our journey home we stopped at Kuala Kangsar town to buy some handcrafts and ' labu Sayong ' -drinking water container . We reached home at about 8.30 pm .

No comments: