Sunday, August 12, 2007

The passing away of a fighter for the downthrodden.

12th. August 2007 was a date to be remembered not only by our family but also by many Malaysians who cares for the downthroddens . The late Abdul Razak Ahmad ( my wife's half brother ) who dedicated most of his life for the cause of the downthroddens passed away peacefully at about 1.20 am. at the Tuanku Aminah Hospital,Johor Bahru. In actual fact ,I have heard of his name long before I got married to my wife and I have been admiring him since then . It has been my passion to read and reasearch on personalities who sacrifices for a noble cause . That is why personalities like the late Ibrahim Yaakub , Pak Sako , Ahmad Boestamam ,Dr.Burhanuddin Al-Hilmi ,Prof.Zulkifli Mohamad and even so-called Communists like Rashid Maidin, Shamsiah Fakeh ,Musa Ahmad and many more who were the pioneers of freedom fighters of this country .They were responsible for fanning the spirit of patriotism/nationalism in this country .For obvious political reasons their names were almost obliterated from our history books . In actual fact they were the unsung heroes for independence of this country . In the case of the late Abdul Razak Ahmad , he was fighting for the rights of those people from the low class of society who have no way to go to , to seek for redress . Abdul Razak found it incumbent upon him to lend his hand to help .Since he was a lawyer , he would provide them to have access to justice in a Court of Law .
Although I was not close to the late Abdul Razak Ahmad I could feel how his perceptions about life and what he fought for . Due to my profession as a Police officer people might think that we were in the opposite camps . But they did not know that deep inside my heart I feel I belong to that camp too . Only fate that made us land into the opposite camps .
Now that he had gone , not only that I have lost a person whom I had admired so much but also a senior member of the family . I hope and pray that his souls would rest in peace . Amin .

No comments: