Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to the village .

We ( me and my wife ) went back to my kampong yesterday ( 3rd.September 2007 ) after more than a year since we were last there . Nothing much changes there . The so called coastal highway roads were still incomplete after about 5 years since it began constructions . There were pot holes every where and the ongoing constructions were very slow .The contractors seemed to be taking their sweet time to complete the upgrading of the roads . I do not know how much of the tax payers money were unscruplously spent for their dubious job . I hope the government of Abdullah Badawi would look into this matter seriously because the people have been waiting for a long time for the completion of the roads . Do not take for granted of the simple kampong people that they would always vote for the BN government . They are now the new generation , well read and well informed kampong people who would shift their loyalty whenever the need arises .
Reaching the kampong , we straight went to the grave of my late beloved grandmother . We recited ' alfatihah ' and prayed that she would rest in peace and be among the faithfuls in heaven .After that we went to the kampong house where my mother lives by herself . She stubbornly stuck to the house although we would prefer she live with us .
We were updated of developments in our family . My brother Samson at 56 , brought his Indonesian girlfriend home to the kampong . Apparently we were told that he was not in talking terms with his wife for more than 4 years now . That probably prompted him to start an affair with the Indonesian lady . He was also not in the good books of our mother now because he had caused a misunderstanding between my brother in-law Makmor and her . It all started when my mother suggested ( this suggestion was told to my brother Samson only ) that my sister Fadzilah should named the inheritants to her property since she and her husband were childless . My mother obviously had in mind that she named her favourite grandchildren ie. my sister Narimah's children . The problem with my mother is that she practices favouritism on her grandchildren . My mother did not expect that Samson would tell Makmor of her suggestion .As a result of that , Makmor felt some one else outside was out to interfere into his family affairs . When Fadzilah came to know of the suggestion she too was not very pleased with my mother .
The above happened because of greed of worldly wealth . My mother should not have interfered into the affairs of my brother-in-law's family . The property of his wife, is his prerogative . It is up to him to decide who should inherit .
I am happy and relieved now because I have settled whatever misunderstandings I had with my mother . I had asked for forgiveness by kissing her hands if I had done any mistake or hurt her feelings ( although to my mind I had none ) . Now that our relationship is good , I hope she would not start a new row with me any more .

No comments: