Thursday, September 13, 2007

Holy month of Ramadhan begins .

The holy month of Ramadhan begins on 13th September 2007 . It is the month when Muslims would fast ( abstain from taking food and drink and from indulging in activities considered sinful ) . Our age too is getting older and we do not know how many more Ramadhans we would encounter . My prayers to God have always been that I should be able to see my children or if it is possible my grand children too , grow and be on their own feet .
We went to the local mosque on the eve ( 12th. September 2007 )of the holy month of Ramadhan for the tarawikh prayers . The crowd was unusually large as large as the normal Friday prayers . The remarkably peculiar site was the number of women attending the prayers . It was almost 1/4 th. of the total concregation . The atmosphere inside the mosque was a bit unbearably hot . Obviously , the fans were not enough to make it cool . I was profusely sweating as if I was ploughing the padi field . I guess I would have to change my clothes every day ,otherwise the aroma from it would not be nice the the men next to me . I would also have to choose a position near to the fan or to the door for my next prayer at that mosque . Any way I could perform only 8 ' rakaat ' of tarawikh prayers due to my wife's leg which was in pain . I too have not fully recovered from my knee pain . However I completed my ' tarawikh ' and ' witir ' prayers at home after that .

No comments: