Sunday, March 25, 2007

We are left with only a kitten .

At about 10.30pm on Friday , my front neighbour called me and told me that he saw a dead cat after being knocked down by a car on the road infront of our house. I thought it was a stray cat that was knocked down. Any way my neighbour insisted that I came down to see it for myself .So I came out and there to my surprise and horror ,I found out that it was one of our little kittens.The mother cat was kneeling over her dead son as if in mourning while the other kitten was running around besides . All vehicles that passedby slowed down to avoid the cats .Immediately I called my son Azman to remove the dead cat away to be buried while I also asked his wife Shidah to take away the remaining cats inside the house .
Normally the kittens would never leave the compound of our house .I do not know that evening how the two kittens happen to be outside the compound of our house .They obviously must have followed the mother cat to the front neighbour's house to look for her mate .What a stupid and irresponsible mother cat .Now , we are left with only a kitten with that stupid mother cat .I am sad because I began to love the two kittens .They were an active pair and they would run and played hide and seek .Well, that is what we call fate .
I have my regrets too for allowing the cats to sleep outside the house that day .

No comments: