Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The medicine for my knee is very expensive .

After taking a bottle of ' Viartril-S - Glucosamine Sulphate ' which was recommended by my doctor , I feel a bit better on my left knee.At least I could walk though slowly .Actually the recomended dosage was 2 capsules each time and 3 times a day .But because of the Fasting month I had to limit it to 2 times a day only ie.once after ' sahur 'and once after iftar .According to the recomendations I should take the medicine for 3 months and after an interval of 2 months, I should continue taking if there is a need to as recomended by the doctor. A bottle contains 80 pills and if I take in 3 times a day it would only last only 13 days . A bottle costs RM.119.00 .What an expensive medicine ? ( I guess I have got no choice if I want to walk as before ) . This could be due to the fact that it is manufactured by ' Rottapharm Limited ,Dublin ,Ireland . Perhaps it could be cheaper in Dublin . ( If my daughter Eileen who is studying Medicine in Dublin happens to read this blog ,perhaps she could inquire how much it cost in Dublin ).
For this year I had not performed a single tarawikh prayers in the mosque . Unlike the previous years I hardly missed a single tarawikh prayers . All because of my knee problem.I feel a bit hopeless having missed the tranquility of the prayers in the mosque . Due to that also my wife had only gone once to the mosque because she felt lost without me .Any way despite of that I had not missed my tarawikh prayers . Because I perform it after isyak prayers in my room and of course while seated on a chair .Well, as Prophet Muhammad said , if you cannot do it standing, you can sit and if you cannot sit you can do it while lying down and if you still cannot do it , do it with your eyes and even if you cannot do it , do it in your heart .This shows how important is prayers to Muslims .Normally I do not perform the witir prayers after that because I normally wake up around 3.00 am or 4.00 am to perform the Tahajjud and Hajjat prayers. After that , then only I perform the Witir prayers .

No comments: