Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Is Doom's Day really approaching near ?

Without realising it ,today it has been 17 days now that we have been fasting during this year's Ramadhan .It also means that I have been fasting 4 times ever since I retired from my job. Wow , time runs very fast without us really realising it . This also means that age is also cathching up with me . I cannot rest on my laurels any more . I have to do whatever I am suppose to do before I could never do it .
The other day I watched a Religious ( Islam ) programme on TV whch reminded us to prepare ourselves for Doom's Day which is approaching near . Scientists have also predicted the comet is on it's way towards Earth and would collide with Earth somewhere in 2009 .The exact date ? I do not know and I do not want to know .According to the Quran Doom's Day would happen on a Firday .( Even if the prediction by the scientist is not true ,we as Muslims should be ready to face any eventualities ) .It really worries me . If this happens , it would be the end of the World . All of us would perished .According to the speaker minor Doom's Day ( Kiamat Kecil ) had actually taken place on this Earth. An example was the Tsunami which hit various parts of the world. Now, are we prepared to face God when all human beings would be awaken from death and then judged for all the wrong doings and good deeds that we have done while we were alive ? Oh , I am not . I have to fulfill my obligations to God and do good deeds to mankind as much as I can before I am ready to be judged . Oh , God please protect me from evils and guide me to the right path so that I would not only enjoy good life on this Earth but also in the life after . Please give me good health so that I could perform all my obligations fully . Please cure my knee so that I could go to the mosque to perform my obligations .
This Ramadhan we feel a bit lively especially during iftar because of the presence of my new daughter in law . Being a lady she is quite helpfull to my wife in the kitchen . She would wake up at about 4.30 am to help cook the food . At times even my wife had forgotten to wake up . Luckily my daughter in law had already prepared the food for the sahur .Otherwise we would miss the sahur and went hungry the whole day.
As for Hari Raya , we would be celebertaing it in Klang only . Perhaps we would go to JB later because on the 10th of Hari Raya we would be flying to Padang/Bukit Tinggi ,Indonesia .

No comments: