Friday, October 20, 2006

Do not dream like Mr.Mat Jenin .

Today is Deepavalee. I just stay at home .I am now all alone by myself because the rest ( wife, Alisya, Azman and his wife ) has gone to Shah Alam to do some shopping .I told them not to buy unnecessary things because this year's Hari Raya would be a quiet one , unlike when I was still working when I still have many friends .Now that I am retired , who would want to be a friend to a retired person ? A retired person is of little use to most people .( Not all of course ).That is a fact which I have for long accepted . Soon perhaps a retired person like me would be of little use to his family too . I am ready to anticipate the unexpected . I am not surprise too when I am too old and be a burden to the family I would perhaps opt to stay in an Old Folks Home .Not the government one of course , may be the private one where one has to pay . Or may be I may choose to stay alone in my seaside apartment in Port Dickson . Any way I hope I do not have to be into that predicament because I still love my family .
Age has turned me into a wiser person .I am not like the old days when I was so looking forward to Hari Raya. I feel Hari Raya is just like any other days .Nothing special .I am also not looking forward to going back to my home town.This is especially so, ever since I decided that I no more have a home town . Morover my children are grown up and where I am residing is their home town .I have to be home during Hari Raya because my children need a place to come back to .
Oh, I have to stop for a while because the gate bell is ringing . An old friend , Mr. Tan Poh Sim is coming to visit me and wish me Hari Raya .They would not be able to come for Hari Raya because they are going to visit a relative in Singapore .
Mr.Tan Poh Sim and his wife who came to the house just now kept on praising about our house .They were impressed with the plan and told me that I had built a nice comfortable home . Of course it is so because I took pains to see other houses and incorporate all those elements into mine .And the cost too was not cheap because I had to spend almost my entire life's savings on it .Any way it was money well spent and I do not regret it because it is something like my dream come true achievement . It was my dream that I would one day reside in a bungalow house of some standing . Any way I still have other dreams which I must achieve before I die - ie to own a Mercedes car , to see the world and plus other upgraded dreams .
I would advise my children that they should have dreams like mine . They should have a target or vision which they must achieve within a stipulated time .By that way ,they would steer their vision to a direction and would not go astray .This is important, so that they would always work hard to achieve their vision .It also work as a catalyst for motivation .Otherwise one would not know what he is working for . Once you have achieved a certain drean try to upgrade your dream so that there is always a dream . But do not dream like Mr.Mat Jenin .( dream of fantasies ).

No comments: