Saturday, February 24, 2007

Cat's matter .

Recently our cat ' Sihitam ' ( a name given by our grand daughter Alisya ) gave birth to 4 cute little kittens .Hence there are are now 5 cats in our house . This is too many . What matters most to me is that the stench smell of cat's faeces has become unbearable . The moment one step into the kitchen where the cats normally hang around , one would feel the terrible smell . Obviously my wife was already tired of cleaning the cat's faeces and unable to clean all .

Sihitam the mother cat kept on going looking after her husband at our neighbours house ,opposite ours . One morning I saw her went over twice looking for her husband .I got fed up with her because I knew in no time she would get pregnant again . I do not want our house to be a factory producing cats . Without telling anybody I caught hold of Sihitam and locked her in my car's rear boothe. Then I drove the car to the public play ground not far from our house with the idea of abandoning her there . On reaching the place , I changed my mind because I pitied her - she would not be able to find food there . I then drove the car to Taman Sri Andalas old town and at the back of a row of food stalls , I abandoned her there . As soon as I opened the car boothe ,out jump Sihitam .I was sure that there would be ample food supply for her there .I then left and went home .
I was determined not to tell any one especially Alisya . She would become hysterical if she found out about that .Noticing that Sihitam was not around my wife asked me , but I pretended as if I do not know about it. Finally after being interrogated by her like a police woman did, I admitted I had abandoned the cat somewhere . She was not angry over the missing cat because she was also fed up with having to clean the cat's faeces every day .
However in the evening my son Azman noticed the the mother cat was not around and asked my wife about it .At first my wife refused to tell him but after a while she had to give in . But she did not tell him the exact spot where it was abandoned .The same evening Azman and his wife went out on a frantic search for the mother cat . Of course their effort were all in vain .
The next day Azman asked my wife again for the exact spot where the cat was abandoned . After much pestering she finally revealed the place . In the evening Azman and his wife went out again on the look out for the mother cat .At about 9.00 pm they spotted the mother cat in the padang not far from the food stall . After a short chase ,they finally managed to catch the mother cat and brough her home . The mother cat was kept in their bedroom for two days without our knowledge .In the mean time Azman complained to my wife over my action in abandoning the mother cat and my wfe told him that I would not mind keeping the cat if she is castrated .
So on the second day Azman and his wife brought the mother cat to a private veterinary clinic in Petaling Jaya to have her castrated . After the castration she had to be admitted in the clinic for a night for observation . The next evening Azman brought the mother cat home .
On seeing the weak mother cat ,I regretted my action although I did it with good intention .Now that she is castrated I do not have to worry about her getting pregnant again .

No comments: