Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My good neighbour owned a Merse much earlier than me.

Yesterday (5th.Feb.2007) morning, I went to Maybank Shah Alam to deposit a cheque into my Credit Card account .After that I went to Naza Motors showroom in Petaling Jaya. My intention was to see the carnival sales of Mercedes Benz cars .I had been longing to own a C 200K Mercedes Benz . When approached by one of the sales personnel , I requested to see the said car .Unfortunately there weren't many cars of that model around . I just manage to see one such vehicle - an unregistered 2002 model which was priced at RM 208,000/- . It was slightly expensive when compared to the market value . A C180K 2006 model cost RM.190,000/- at Cycle and Carriage .However it's already registered and used as a demo car . After spending about an hour there I decided to come home and would go to the Klang showroom later .
On my way home ,I received a call from my wife informing me that she saw a Police vehicle at our neighbours house ( opposite our house ) . She suspected something had happened there .On reaching home I noticed that the Police vehicle had left and I called Capt.(R) Muhammad to inquire what had happened in his house . He told me me that between 9.00 am and 11.00 am. while he was out in town ,some one ( one or more persons ) had broken into his house through the back window and ransacked the house . He has yet to know what was missing because his son had not returned home . According Capt.(R) Mat , this was the 5th. time that his house was broken into . He thought when he retired from his job it would be safer since he would spend most of his time at home and could look after his house while his wife and son were out working .
In his case probably the suspect had observed his routine .He has a bad habit of leaving the house at about 9.00 am to have breakfast in town .He would normally comes back at about 11.00 am. The suspect took this opportunity to break into his house .
While at his house I saw a brand new C 200K Mercedes Benz ,a 2002 model parked in his driveway . I asked him whose car was that and he told me that he had just bought the car the day before from Pantai Bharu Holdings , Jalan Kapar , Klang for RM.170,000/- . I told myself obviously he had beaten me .I thought I would be owning the car earlier than anybody else in our area . I am not trying to compete with anybody but it just shows that I am not the only one who would be eyeing to own the prestigious car . There is nothing wrong for a retired person like us to enjoy the comfort of the so called prestigious car at the end of our life time . After all we have been slogging for almost 30 years to earn that . Definitely we deserve that .Wouldn't anybody agree with me ?
Any way last night I had to remain awake to look after the security of our house . I went to sleep at about 2.00 am and even that I woke up 3-4 times .Each time I would come out to the balcony to observe anything suspicious .
Obviously ,I am a bit worried .