Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wake up man, wake up from your fantasies .Our future is at stake .

My wife have been complaining that she find it difficult to purchase 'Time Kontact' card from the regular Indian shop that she use to purchase. She has also been scouting round to all the 7 Eleven outlets in Shah Alam and also of no avail .She need the card to have a cheaper phone rate when phoning our daughter who is studying in Dublin . At first I didn't pay much attention to her complaints .But then when I realised that she has not been in contact with our daughter for some time , I began to search for the card . I contacted Time.Com HQ office and they told me to go to the BP stations . So I went to all the BP stations in KLang and Shah Alam and failed to get one .Not only that , they told me that they have ceased to be a dealer .That's funny .
This morning I saw a front page advertisement in The Star of Time Kontact which offer super low rate till the end of February 2006 . That is even funny ?? So I contacted Time.Com HQ and made my complaints . Their own Customer Service Officer made calls to these outlets and proved it was true that the cards are not in the market .The officer then called me to go a 7 Eleven outlet in Seksyen 24, Shah Alam . As we were on our way to Shah Alam we stopped at the 7 Eleven . To our amazement we were told by the shopkeeper that he had the last card and even that it was just for RM.20.00 .We inquired if there would be any more cards in the future and he told us no more . For what reason , he never told us . This is weird ??
I was thinking to myself no wonder most of the Bumiputra companies in our country goes bankrupt . Bank Islam , MAS , Metramac and many more are on the verge of bankrupt . Why ?? Definitely there are flaws going on in the organisations . The 'big' officers/managers only sits in their porch offices . They do not know what is going on in the market . There could be some sabotage from within which they fail to detect. When the Malays are going to realise that the community's future is at stake ? Most of of them are living in fantasies . Perhaps they have been watching too much of TV3's Akademi Fantasia that their lives are so engrossed in fantasies . Wake up man , wake up from your sleep and work hard , not only for you but for the community . We would end up beggars in our own country if we are not careful. Look at the other communities , they are forging forward silently without us realizing that .I was so sad till I did not realize that a few drops of my tears fell on my lap-top . If only the Malays work had as I did for almost 33 years , how nice the Malays would be in 10-20 years time .I am not bragging about myself but it was a fact that I slogged for 33 years to get what I got today - from a poor helpless kampong boy to be what I am today is not an easy feat .I did not say that . Some of my kampong mates said that each time I met them .I managed to struggle out from the poverty bracket .