Monday, January 02, 2006

A huge burden is off my shoulder .

Today I feel relieved . A huge burden which I have been shouldering for the past one year is released . We managed to move in into our new house , at least the big things like the furnitures were moved in although we have yet to move in physically . Any way I consider myself as having moved in . This was made possible due to the kind assistance of an old friend from Teluk Gong, Klang . He loaned us his lorry to ferry our things from Shah Alam to Klang .Infact he drove the lorry himself .Not enought with that , his two grown up sons gave us a helping hand . ( Earlier I tried to get assistance from another so called old friend for some helpers but was turned down at the last minute ,of course wih some execuses ) .I am very grateful to this old friend .It is rather difficult to find kind and helpful people now a days especially now that I am retired .Usually they shun away from us particularly when we are in need .Although the lorry was not that big , through his experience he managed to arrange the things carefully so as not to waste any space .It was enough for a trip . The small things would be sent in batches via our cars . The whole things would be carried to the new house within a short time . Since my eldest son Aizad would be staying in our old house , we are not in a hurry to carry all the things. Some would be left behind . Aizad would be renting out his apartment and he has promised my wife that he would be handing over 1/2 the rental to her . My wife was happy with the arrangement because she would have the opportunity to be in the house and would continue to be in close contact with her old colleagues which she treasured so much .I knew about this because she was hesitant about moving in to Klang .
Infact personally , I am too a bit sad about leaving Shah Alam . It is only natural for us to feel that way since we have been staying in Shah Alam for more than 25 years .Well , we should not be over sensitive about that .The house is ready and we have to move in .This is my dream house , a house with a compound of its own and comfortable enough for our family especially when we get together for the week end .( I intend to make it compulsory for my children to come back and stay together for the week end. This is for the sole purpose of ensuring a good and cordial relationship persist amongst them and their children) .
Our grand daughter Siti Nuralisya is now registered a Year 1 student at Sekolah Kebangsaan Bukit Tinggi,Klang and also at the Sekolah Agama Taman Seri Andalas ,Klang .Her orientation was on the 31st.January 2005 and her class would start officially on the 4th.January 2006 .

No comments: