Saturday, June 14, 2008

For this I am very grateful to Allah .

Yesterday ( 13th.June 2008 ) evening I received a telephone call from my brother Muttakin who informed me that our mother who was then staying with my sister Fadzilah at Sunway, PJ. had caused a commotion and demanded to be sent back to her home in Sungai Air Tawar , Sabak Bernam . I suspect she must have got some misunderstandings with my sister - over what matter , I do not know . I thought it would be unbecoming for us if we allow her to live alone by herself in the village since she is already very much handicapped due to old age and poor health . I then requested my brother Muttakin to bring her to my house the next day but he told me that he would be working on that day . So, I had no choice but to pick her up myself . On 14th.June 2008 morning accompanied by my wife I went to my sister's house in Taman Sunway , PJ and brought my mother to my house in Klang . From what I gather I came to understand that my mother felt lonely staying there, especially when my sister and my brother in-law were away at work . From morning till evening she had to stay in a locked house with no one to talk to and when my sister and her husband came home they would already be exhausted and had no time for her . Thus she felt neglected . I had earlier invited her to stay with me but she refused . I hope this time she would agree to stay with us .
The one day or so she has been with us here, I noticed that she is not the usual mother that I used to know . She is ageing fast and perhaps on the verge of getting senile ( I hope she would not be ). She love to talk to anybody and she would not sleep just to talk to some one . Luckily there are quite a number of us in the house and we would take turn to talk to her . Inspite of that I do not get irritated by her change in her behavior . I reckon that is the process of getting old and I too might be in the same boat as hers when I grow older . I hope my children and grand children then , would bear with me as what I am bearing today with my mother .
Any way I am a happy man today as I have completely reconciled with my mother . My relationship with her was on the rock for some time due to some petty misunderstandings due to no foul of mine .I guess God have answered my prayers . I have been praying incessantly to Allah so that she would realized her mistakes and would be nice to me again . For that I am very grateful to Allah .
P/S. In the evening my wife ,daughter Farin and I went to attend the wedding of my wife's cousin which was held at the Dewan Merak Kayangan ,Wisma Felda ,Jalan Gurney , KL. It was a grandeur ceremony attended by Tan Sris and Datuks . The only snag was , almost a quater of the tables were not filled up . Although my wife's uncle was a former senior Police officer , I could hardly see any serving or retired police oficers attended . True to most of my colleagues contentions that once you are retired , most of your comrade-in-arms would abandon you . You have to accept this reality , otherwise you would certainly be disappointed .

No comments: