Thursday, October 25, 2007

Today is another Hari Raya for me .

I am celebrating another Hari Raya today . Do you know why ? Because I've completed my 6 days of fasting during the Syawal month yesterday . My wife is still fasting today , her sixth day . I am happy I've performed the sunnah fast this year . I have another duty to do , that is to pay zakah which I was determined to do it each year but failed because of unavoidable reasons . I know not all the property that I have belongs to me absolutely . Part of it also belongs to the needy . I would like to share whatever I have with them too . Any way that does not mean I have not been paying zakah all these years . I do but not through the official ( via the Zakah's office ) way .
Age is catching up with me and I am determined to catch up with the loss years of living in ' fantasies ' . If during my younger days I had shirked my responsibilities to God , now I would want to follow strictly to the tenets of Islam . I know it would be almost impossible to catch up with the loss years . At least I would make attempts rather than give up hope . Our Prophet Muhammad ( pbh.) once said God hates people who easily give up hope . I do not want to belong to that category of people .
This week end I intend to go back to my kampong to pay respect to my grandmother's grave and also to visit relatives in Bagan Datok and Teluk Intan . I know I have not been paying them visits for some time because during my working days I was too busy with my ' work ' as not to find time to visit them . Now that I am retired I realized that I have not been fair to them . They are the remaining close relatives that I have in this world and we need to renew our relationships . One of my cousins of my age whom I have not seen for almost 40 years , is now wheel chair bound . He was a graduate school teacher . I would want to visit him in Teluk Intan . I am thankfull to Allah that I am still able to walk about .
May Allah guide me to the right path . The path that He had accepted all the faithfulls to Heaven .
Ameen.

No comments: