Monday, May 28, 2007

Wedding Invitations Blitz.

On 26th.May 2007 afternoon we attended a wedding party of Encik Razali Babu's son at 33,Jalan Sri Siantan 50, Taman Sri Andalas, Klang , a short distance away from our house . We received the invitation card a few days prior to that . I thought it was from some one we knew but it turned to be some one we did not know. Any way since we were invited I thought it would be rude on our part if we did not attend . Morover ,that would be a good opportunity for us to know each other . He told me that he was also new to this area as he had just moved in about 3 months ago . So now I have one extra acquaintance in this area .
At about 3.30 pm my wife , Farin ,Alisya and I left for Port Dickson on our way to attend another wedding at Malacca on 27th.May 2007 . We decided to put up a night at Port Dickson to spend part of Alisya's school holidays . She told us she would like to swim with her auntie Farin . Unfortunately ,Farin had forgotten to bring along her short . However ,we asked her to try and wear Alisya's extra short and to our surprise it fits nicely . Just imagine how fast Alisya is growing to be a young lady . So off they went for a swim at the seaside .
At about noon we left Port Dickson to go to Malacca . We reached the house of the wedding at about 1.30 pm. Actually, En. Mokhtaruddin was an old friend whom I have not met for many years . He was my colleague at the Muar Disctrict Police HQ , 37 years ago where I started my career as a Police Officer. He was my senior by 3 months . He called me 2 weeks earlier and asked if I could attend his daughter's wedding .He later sent an invitation card . I felt it would not be nice if I do not attend his invitation . For old friend's sake I attended the wedding .
Since both the bride and the bridegroom were Police Inspectors , the wedding was performed with the Police culture - with the Police Cross Swords and ceremonial uniformed Police officers in attendance . This brought back memories of my Police days . Oh , what a memorable Police days where I spent almost 34 years of my life .
After the wedding we went to Malacca city . It was really crowded with no parking space available . We were surprised to see the city was so crowded with foreign and local tourists .Actually we had planned to put up a night in Malacca , unfortunately almost all good locality hotels were fully booked . We had no choice but to return to Klang the same day.
On 3rd.June we would be attending 2 more weddings both are to be held in KL . In the afternoon it would be at my cousin's house at Taman Alam Damai, Cheras , while in the evening at an old friend's son wedding reception at Kg.Pengantin,Jalan Ampang, KL . I hope it would be the last before our departure for China on 8th.June 2007 .

1 comment:

Snowflake said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.