Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lifelong education should be practiced by all.

Year 2006 is ending soon .Most people are looking forward for the new year .But not me merely because my final exams is getting near. I have to pass ,otherwise I would not be getting my scroll. Although it would not matter much to my furutre because I am not getting a job after this, it would be a document that I could be proud of. It would prove to my children and grand children that an old man like me could still study and perform . I am also proving to the Malaysian public that a lifelong education is practicable .Islam too professes that one should seek knowledge till death .On this context knowledge does not mean only religious knowledge.It includes any knowledge that is beneficial to mankind. According to the Hadith if one dies whilst seeking knowledge , he or she would die a martyr.
I am planning to continue with my lifelong education by taking a course - Executive Diploma in Syariah Laws after this . I hope I could be an expert on Syariah Laws.To some I may sound crazy .They could be asking ,' What the heck this old man is trying to prove ? '. I am not trying to prove anything , I am just seeking knowledge which I did not have the opportunity when I was young .I enjoy attending classes ,learning new things and reading is a past time hobby for me .Rather than sit at home wasting my time I might as well do something useful like this .After all I do not hurt or annoy people .