Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Getting worried on the arrival of the new year .

It's year ending soon . Christmas was yesterday and soon it would be new year ( 2007 ) .Normally people are getting excited and looking forward for the occassion . Oddly I am the opposite .There is nothing to look forward .Infact I am worried ,not because I am getting older but because of the uncertainty of the future .Prices of goods are getting dearer.Toll fees had just been increased effective January 1, and it would definitely snowballed to more increases of the price of goods .The stupid Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs said it would not affect any increase in the price of goods .So far what has he done to curb the price increases ? Being a pensioner I have a fixed income and my buying power is getting less . Working government servants would probably get a pay increase soon to offset the rising in inflation . Who would come to our rescue ?We would normally be neglected by the government .Who would care to the senior citizen's plight who has always been regarded as a burden to society ? Who says a pensioners life is a blistfull one ? Yes ,people like former Prime Ministers or Ministers would probably enjoy because they get 4 or 5 pensions .Besides they would probably have accumulated a sizeable amount of property .
When I come to think of the future I would probably end up being not able to sleep, worrying over it .Infact I tried to shift my mind to something else , but I just can't .Some how it keeps on coming to my mind . And I sympathise with those pensioners who gets lesser pension than mine and with children still in colleges and universities .I wonder how they cope with the situation . I know quite a handfull of them seeking employment .After over 30 years of struggling working to feed a family and when the time to retire one has to find another job .I wonder when is he going to rest .He would probably be working until he dies .Now, is it fair to him ? I would like all young people to ponder over this .