Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Eileen is back to her campus in Dublin.

My daughter Eileen left KLIA for Dublin,Ireland at 2330 hrs 4th August 2006 .For three long months she had been relaxing too much in Malaysia .I was a bit worried because she is a Medical student overseas and yet ignored her books during that long ' hibernating period ' , a habit she could not leave . She seems to be obsessed with fun forgetting that real life is not actually like that .Friends would be around only when we are bouncing up with success and they would shun us away if we are otherwise .Therefore in order to have a sustainable long and real friendship we must first of all , ensure ourselves of a position where we would sit and stand on par with that of our friends .In other words we must first of all be a successful person so that no one would look down upon us .Although it sounds silly , but believe me that is a fact of life . Being an elder and have undergone the tribulations of this worldly life ,I can safely vouch that this fact is undeniable . Ask any man/woman of my age and who has undergone 'real' life , I can bet they would be of the same opinion as mine .
Well , now that my daughter has gone back to campus , I hope she would no more rest on her laurels but instead start cracking to regain back the lost 3 months of precious time. She must remember that she is just entering the doors to a challeging future and she should not loose her way to find the exit to success .As the old saying says ' Success does not come easy and one has to really strive to achieve it ' .
As parents I want the best for my children and I would sacrifice everything for their success .Even if God suggest that ,I would not be so successful in life ,if I want my children to be successful people , I would heed to the suggestion . All I have worked for in my life , are all for my children and I do not know what more they would ask from me.
There were times I was really hurt ( feelings ) by my children's behavior . No one knows that I was crying in my heart . I felt I had failed as a parent to educate them to be good human beings , God fearing boys and girls and children who are thankfu to their parents sacrifices .Only God knows how I felt - so hopeless . I console myslef by forgiving them and telling myself that they were still young and immature .
I love all my children. God knows that .

No comments: