Sunday, October 17, 2004

My only wish - to see my chidlren achieve success.

Today is the 3rd. day of fasting this year . As a veteran I do not find any difficulty in fulfilling this obligation . Infact beasides fasting I also perform the ' tarawikh ' prayers at the mosque and followed by the ' tahajjud ' and ' hajjat ' prayers at night . I hope God will always protect us and bestow upon us wealth and happiness in this world and the world hereafter .
As a human being on this earth I am satisfied with what I have been bestowed with by God for I have almost got what I have hoped for . As a career person I got the rank that I had wanted to retire with , having a good pension , possess some property to sustain with life after my retirement so as not to lower my standard of living .I do not want to look so hopeless after retirement when I am no more earning a good salary . I planned my life when I was still young and due to my diligence , prudence and hardwork , I managed to make some profitable investments . Naturally ,I do not worry too much reaching the retirement age .
My only wish is to see my children growing up and achieving success in their pursuits for good education and to be successfull in their life . To me ,their success is very important - more than anything else .Infact , if I am given a choice, I am willing to sacrifice my career for the sake of my children's . I have reached my optimum in my life while they are just beginning and have many more long years ahead of them .
To my children I may appear too fussy because I pay too much attention and worry too much about their exams results . They should understand that what I am doing is for the good of their future .I want them to have the best in their life . They must be better off than me , then only there is success .Otherwise there is none and nothing to be proud of . Children now a days undergo such an easy life , unlike ours those days . They do not have to face hardships and poverty and as such they think everything that comes are easy and claim they have their rights to have them .They do not want to find out how their parents had to struggle from scratches till they reach their present status .I do not know whether they are thankfull to us or not .
Although I am 57 , I am not outdated . I equipt my self with knowlege especially the latest technology in the use of computers and the internets . I am not old fashioned . I keep abreast with time . I surf the internet daily and read almost all the international news online . I know what is happening not only in Malaysia but also around the world .
Besides I am also a part time Syariah Law student at the University of Malaya .
So , who dare call me an oudated person just because I am retired .

No comments: