Friday, October 29, 2004

I miss my dad .

It is already 15 days that we have been fasting this years Ramadhan and within 15 days we will be celeberating the Idilfitri .Unlike the previous years ,this Ramadhan I had not gone to any Pasar Ramadhan ( Ramadhan Market ), I also had not gone shopping for the Idilfitri celeberation.I do not feel the joy of going to such markets and do not feel like celeberating the Id.Most of the time there are only two of us ( or 3 if it includes our grand daughter Alisya ) in the house. The breaking of fast in our house is not as lively and cheerful as when all our children were at home .Saiful Aizad and his wife and Syazirul Azman our working sons normally reach home after the breaking of fast because more often than not they were caught in traffic jams on their way home.
Although I am not working , I feel time runs so fast that I hardly had enough time to go out window shopping or do other activities . Mind you , I also have to attend classes at the University of Malaya during week ends .Then during week days I have to do some revisions and read reference books.
I remember when I was a kid I never had the feeling of the festive celeberations.The festive days were similar as any other days .No new clothes or shoes .The only 'nice' clothes we had were just the school uniforms. The only difference was perhaps we had chicken or beef for our meals on Idilfitri's day .
We were not sad because we knew our parents could not afford to have more than that .Infact we were thankful to Allah because there were others who were worst than us .To console myself I used to tell myself that my festival would only be when I am successfull in my exams and be able to continue my studies .Luckily for me I won a scholarship (Federal Minor Scholarship ) when I was still in Form 1 .The RM 30.00 per month was enough for expenses for me to continue schooling .Otherwise I might have to quit before reaching Form 3 . After Form 5, I was again lucky to be offered a place at the College of Agriculture ( today known as Universiti Pertanian( Putra ) Malaysia),Serdang with a scholarship from the Ministry of Agriculture .
I did not depend on my old man to finance almost my entire education and that perhaps enable him to support my brothers and sisters for their education .I am not saying that I am not grateful to my old man .He had guided me on the right path , given me sound advices and a good parent .He passed away on 8th. March 2000 .I miss him . May Allah bless him and place him in Heaven . Amin .