Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The death of my last aunty .( My late father's sister )

On 24th May 2010 at about 0630 hrs. I received a telephone call from my cousin informing me that his mother had passed away in Sungai Besar ,Sabak Bernam. His mother was my auntie and my late father's youngest sister . She was the last surviving ( till 24th Mat 2010 ) aunty from my father's side . I then called my brothers and sisters to inform them of her death . ( Later I found out that none of them went to pay their last respect except for Muttakin )
Accompanioed by my wife I left home at about 0730 hrs. to go to Sungai Besar to pay my last respect for my auntie . She had a stroke about 5 years ago and had remained in bed since then .She could not get off her bed and had to be helped each time she wanted to sit up . It was hell for her and hell to for her daughter who was taking care of her for such a long time .
We reached the house at about 0900 hrs and there was already many people there . I met a few cousins . The cousin who called me had yet to arrive .While waiting for the burial which was to be after mid day prayers ,my cousin Asmawi asked me to follow him to Sg.Air Tawar ,Sabak Bernam to see the China man who took care fo his coconut plantation . From him I came to know that he was also the one taking care of my late father's coconut plantation . My mother is now holding in trust over the plantation .
We came back to the house and was just in time for the last prayers .
I did not attend the funeral . We then left Sungai Besar back to Klang.

No comments: