Thursday, July 10, 2008

I am 61 today.

Today it is my birthday ( 10th.of July ) . Sadly no one cared to wish me except for my daughter Farin and son Azman ( even this I received in the evening ) .The rest must have forgotten about this old man , perhaps because they thought that I am of not much use to them any more .Inspite of the fact that I am quite well off and do not depend on them to sustain my daily life ,I am still being ignored . What more if I have nothing ? That is why I used to remind my wife and myself that we should not expect anything from our children . We must be able to stand tall even when we are retired .
I am 61 years old . Those days when I was a kid I used to figure out 61 years old as a very old man . Some one who was already very sickly , some one who was good for nothing and some one who was about to die . Today whether I like it or not I am in that situation . However , contrary to my earlier perception , I do not feel that old , I do not feel useless to others and I do not feel that I am dying . My feelings are the same as when I was 40 or 50 years old . I am as healthy as before except for my slight hypertension and a little knee problem .Otherwise I am as young and as energetic as any other men . I am looking forward to many more years of life , if God permits . Amin .

No comments: