Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Outbreak of cough in our house .

There is an outbreak of cough in our house . The first to suffer was our grand daughter Alisya .I do not know from whom she got the virus . She was sent to the clinic twice but her cough never subsided . Then it was me who got it. As usual I never sought any medical treatment because I believe in taking squeezed lime as my most effective medicine . It has now been about a week and there isn't much improvement . The last 3 days my wife's turn to fall victim of this disease . Infact at the time I am writing this blog she is coughing downstairs in her room . I do not know who would be next . I hope no more .
Most people is of the opinion that cough is not a dangerous disease . However if cough is not contained it could lead to other dangerous diseases such as TB and lung problem . I take great care of my family's health and I normally advise them to go and seek medical treatment ,although I myslef do not . Health should be the number one priority of mankind in this world . All the wealth that we have would be useless if our health is not good . That is why there is a saying that says , " We can seek wealth but we cannot seek health " . Health is a gift from God and we mankind must take care of it by doing regular exercise , having a balanced diet and not to indulge in unhealthy activities . The weather for the past few days have not been good . It is too hot and this situation could be good situation for the cough virus to thrive and spread .
It has been 3 days now our daughter Farin been attached to the factory in Shah Alam . She had to wake up early and leave home at about 6.30 am . She would only be back home at about 7.30 pm. Now she should know that there is nothing much to enjoy being a working person . Time is limited and she had to face the massive traffic jams both in the morning and in the evening . I do not know whether she could endure this hardships for the next 2 months or so . The allowance the company is giving is a mere RM 200/- a month . Luckily she gets free lunch otherwise it would be most pathetic . The two months stint at the factory should augur her to pursue her Masters degree programme . Life as a student is much more relaxing and enjoyable than as a working person .

No comments: