Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day brings old memories of my dear father.

Father's Day 18th.June 2006 brought old memories of my dear father .Although he passed away about 6 years ago the memory seems very recent .An old fashioned ,strict father but that never meant that he loved us less . I guest I have some of his traits in me . Too careful in his spending so as to have some property left to us when he he died . I often advised him that he should not do that because we did not need that . I want him to enjoy the remnants of his life , to buy anything he liked , to dress decently and to go anywhere he loved to . But he did not heed to my advice . He did not want to depend on his children to take care of him if he would be bedridden .When he passed away he had more than RM.100,000 in Amanah Saham Bumiputra and about RM.60,000 in Tabung Haji . Besides that he left us about 20 acres of coconut plantation .He never enjoy the fruits of his labour .
I guess I have some traits of of my late father . I do not expect anything from my children .I want to have some property to back up my pension allowance . If any untoward incident happens I would be able to stand on my own feet to face it .As such like my father, I am also quite careful in my spending .
Today's Father's Day I got a treat of pizza from my son Syazirul Azman . He is the only one who seems to care and remember this old man , his father .
Thank you Azman .

No comments: