Wednesday, December 21, 2005

In Penang for Azman's engagement .

It has been a busy week for me . Prior to our move to Klang , I have to do the final touches to the house so that it would be as presentable as possible when we move in at the end of the month . At the same time I have to go to the schools in Shah Alam and Klang for the transfer of my grand daughter's school - the National school and the agama school to Klang . During the week end we drove up north to Penang for the engagement of my son, Azman .On the 17th.December 2005 we left Shah Alam in 4 cars - Aizad and family in his car , my brother Muttakin and family in his car , Razali , Roha , Khairil's wife and Fuzi in his car while me and wife, Farin and Mahadi in Azman's car . We checked in 3 different hotels - me and wife , Farin,Azman , Mahadi and wife and Razali and Roha at Sri Intan ( a Telecom's apartment lodge ) at Tg.Bunga, Aizad and family at Bayview Beach Hotel ,Batu Feringgi , while Muttakin and family at City Bayview Hotel . Sri Intan was a nice and cosy place by the sea with a nice sea view .Each apartment with 2 rooms . We stayed in 2 apartments . At night we had dinner at a renown nasi kandar shop .
The next day around 12.00 noon we checked out from our rooms and proceeded to Kg.Sungai Gelugor, Penang . We could not find the house and had to get assistance of a man from the house to guide us to the place .On reaching the house we had a shock because we were surrounded by mamaks ( dark skin people ) .The village too was dominated by the mamaks because practically all the people there were mamaks . I told myself , wow because of Azman's marriage , we now have mamak relatives .A little bit strange , Azman's fiancee was the only few fare skin people in the house .Any way , this is fate and we have to accept this as God's decision . What matters most is Azman's happiness .
I began by introducing our members of the entourage before I handed over to Mahadi as my spoke person during the the ' peminangan ' .The dowry would be RM.8,000 serba satu and the engaement would be for a year .We were then treated to a decent nasi kandar lunch , cooked by their family as a ' gotong royong ' . Almost every body in our entourage have nice words for the cooking . I do not know why they like it very much .After the ' doa ' we excused ourselves . Before we left Penang we came to Muttakin's hotel to have a taste of the food and cakes given by Azman's fiancee's family in the ' hantaran balas ' . Muttakin extended his stay in Penang for another day while Aizad put up another night at Bukit Merah .
We left Penang around 5.00 pm. and reached home at about 10.00 pm .

No comments: