Monday, December 05, 2005

Exam is a way for me to assess myself .

My Pengajian Al Quran exams is on 21-22 January 2006. It is just about a month to go . I am used to exams . It is almost part of my life .I have been taking exams almost through out my life ever since I left college . It started with with my Lower Law Exams , in 1970 ,Higher Law Exams in 1976 , Higher School Certificate Exams in 1977 which I took as a private student , Diploma Public Admin UITM 1980 - 1984 as an off campus student , Bachelor in Jurisprudence UM 1995 -2001 as an off campus student , Syariah Law 2002 -2003 UM and currently I am pursuing Pengajian Al Quran at the University of Malaya where I am one of the oldest student . I treat exams as a challenge . I feel proud for passing any exam especially when I can beat the young people . Exam makes me always on my toe and it is a way by which I can assess myself and how I perform from time to time . It also keeps me busy especially now that I am retired .It is also a sense of direction for me as a target for me to achieve . Otherwise my life would be like a ship lost in the ocean , sailing aimlessly .
I have alot to remember especially in the Tajweed Paper . To make things easy ,I design charts and formulars ,so that I can remember easily and enable me a longer power of retention .On the walls of my room there are numerous charts and formulars .I also make sure that I do my revision daily . I do not study at the last minute . I always keep myself ready to face an exam at any time I always keep in mind that my purpose in studying is not the exams but because I am interested in the subject . I always keep a small note book in my pocket where I can refresh memory whenever I wish so .
The trouble with young students today ,they do not have self discipline .They do not study and revise daily .They study at the last minute .As university students they are not only expected to do well in exams but should be ready to be tested at any time .They should not expect to be treated like school boys and girls .They enjoy too much and they do not plan .In everything we do , we must plan.Without planning we will not achieve total success . So , is in life . My years in the Police have taught me about planning and discipline for which I am very grateful .
I keep on studying till today is not only that I am just hungry for knowledge , but I also wish this would inspire my children to study hard and achieve success in their lives .Moreover , there is a ' hadith '( sayings ) of the Prophet Muhammad Rasulullah ( pbh.) that says ,whoever dies whilst in the pursuit of knowledge , he or she dies as a syaheed ( worldly syaheed ) .The call by the government of a life long learning is very relevant to our religion Islam .I am just doing that .

No comments: