Thursday, February 10, 2005

Chinese New Year and Maal Hijrah for a bright future.

This year's Chinese New Year fell on the 9th.February 2005. The year of the rooster is not a very good year according to most Feng Shui's masters.We do not know what is ahead of us . We Muslims are forbidden to forecast our future because only God can do so .We are just required to pray to Him and ask for His help and guidance .
As the previous few years after my retirement ,I just went to one house ie. a truely good friend of ours, Mr.Tan Poh Sim and his wife at Jalan Batu Belah Klang . Mr.Tan and his wife are special friends of ours .We have known each other for more than 20 years .He and his wife never miss to visit us during Hari Raya and vice versa .We have other Chinese friends but not as close as Mr.Tan . I am sorry to say that most others are just periodic friends.They are just friends whenever they need us .
I am used to this and I do not care a damn about that .I was prepared to expect this situation .I do not depend on others to continue on living .
February 10, 2005 is the first day of the Muslim Calender Muharram, year 1426.It is also called Maal Hijrah -commemorating the day when Prophet Muhammad went on hijrah from Mecca to Medina. It also means that we Muslims are required to undergo a process of hijrah(change) from bad to good ,from negative to positive .We are called upon to ensure that today is better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than today .As for me I want to make sure that I'll be a better man in the future - better in all aspects ,be it worldly and spiritually .I want to improve my understanding of my religion and to fulfill all my obligation to God .
It's public holiday . But only the two of us are at home . Azman is in Port Dickson having his barbecue party with his friends while Farin is in Batu Pahat where she is spending the Chinese New Year Holidays with her ex-room mate at MRSM Beseri, Perlis and now a course mate at UTM Skudai .
Sometimes I wish I could have more children .The house is so empty without them .We have not move to our new house in Klang - a much bigger one .It would be worse if the situation persist .Any way I have discussed with my wife about what we are going to do when we stay in our new house .If it is possible I would want all my children to stay together under one roof .If it is not, at least I want to make sure that they come back during the week ends ,stay with us for the night and their wives including my daughters ,would take turn to cook the meals for us .I want my wife to rest during the week ends .

No comments: