Tuesday, January 11, 2005

My dream is to see the world .

I am stuck to my home .I cannot move or be away from my home town more so from the country.Till our new house is completed ,I cannot do anything .Who is going to oversee the development of the project ? Who is going settle the bills if I am not around ? But age is catching up .Health is also a big factor as to what I should do in the future .While I am still able and my health is still good , I have to start my venture as soon as possible - to see the world .
It has been my dream to see the world after my retirement.I wanted to go to the exotic places such as Mongolia , the desert of Central Asia, the Silk Road ,the pyramids of Egypt,the land of the Mayans in South America, the Taj Mahal of India ,even the North and the South Pole ,if it is possible and many others .I am not interested to see the cities. I have been to the big cities such London,Paris ,Rome , Tokyo ,Hong Kong but I do not enjoy being there .They are all the same .Infact Kuala Lumpur is as beautiful and modern as those cities .
I have always been interested in History and Archeology. I want to feel how people of those places cope with life during the ancient days and today .I am not satisfied with just reading history books .I want to be there at the location to get the feel of those people .I think I have saved enough for the expenses to be there .I am only waiting for the right time .The programme ' Travel and Living ' over Astro Channel 11, really fascinate me .If it is possible I want to be one of its anchor man .
2005 is also the year when I and wife would be performing our second prilgrimage to Mecca .Our first pilgrimage was in year 1991 although in between we had performed our ' umrah ', 2-3 times .We want to repeat the pilgrimage in order to correct whatever mistakes we could have accidentally made .In other words this is to make it perfect .