Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Finally Farin is studying at UTM.

We just returned from Johor where we sent our youngest daughter Farin to UTM Skudai,Johor.We left my mother in-law's house in Taman Melodies,JB where we had put up the night , at about 7.40 am.on 17th.January 2005 and reached UTM around 9.00 am. We were a bit late because we lost our way till we reached a place called Pulai.After some inquiries from passers by we finally reached our destination. The process of documentation was quite lengthy as we had to go from office to office and climbed the stairs from floors to floors. My old knees were aching because I forced them to climb up and down the stairs a number of times.Surprisingly, there were no lifts at the administrative block .We had to pay RM. 130.00 for the registration fee .She was given a bag and an umbrella as souvineers . Once our daughter got her student pass we proceeded to the Science Faculty to register for her subjects. There we met Dr. Ong one of her lecturers and paid RM.147.00 for her text books. From there we proceeded to her Residential College - Kolej Tun Dr.Ismail where she got her room keys . There was a little snag here because she was given a room on the ground floor to share with some one but which was already occupied by some one else .We had to come back to the College's Administrative Office to clear the mix up . The officer explained that the room was occupied by that student without the knowledge of the office .Farin was finally given the keys to another room on the 1st.floor to share with also a new student who just reported one day earlier .My wife spent some time unpacking for Farin and arranging things for her while I waited at the residential college's cantin .We had lunch at the college's cantin . The food was quite cheap .Here students have to buy their own food from the cantin .Although there are free bus shuttles , the timing are a bit irregular .Without own transport it is quite an inconvenience there .If I have enough savings may be next year I'll buy Farin a Kancil provided she gets her licence to drive .( I thought of buying her a scooter for use in campus but my wife told me that she doesn't even know how to ride a bicycle how could she ride a scooter ? Ya, a scooter have two tyres while a car have got four. May be a car is much more appropriate.).
At about 2.00 pm we sent Farin to her class which she attended for the first time at UTM. She told me it was a Chemistry class . During the preparatory class ,she would be taught only in 3 subjects ie. Maths , Physics and Chemistry .
After making sure that she was in class , we then left UTM to come back to Shah Alam . We had to come back on the same day because I have an appointment with my doctor the next day on 18th.January 2005 .I am very particular about my health and normally I will make sure that I keep up with all my appointments with the doctor .He is my personal doctor .
We reached home safe at about 7.00 pm.
This morning I went to the Health Clinic at Jalan Tangling ,Kuala Lumpur to have my regular health check up .By regular ,I mean once in 3 months .My blood sugar was on the boarder line ( 5.1 ) while my blood pressure was under control ( 143/82 ).I told my doctor of my new health problem - too often urinating especially at night which affects my sleep .It could be that I am suffering from prostrate at my bladder. For that I was given an additional medication .That means from now onwards I 'll have to take 3 types of pills every day .

No comments: