Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The return of a long lost uncle.

21st.November 2004 was a significant day for me because it is today that my long lost uncle appreared at my house. I was very happy for if it had not been for his reappearance today , I would have lost contact with him. Apparently he is the only uncle on my mother's side .I was quite close to him because during my early childhood I was staying with my maternal grandmother where he was the only son .I knew he was a good footballer and was playing for the district team .I remember , I used to pillion ride on his bicycle to the district football field where I watch him play .Our relationship was abruptly shortened when he left for Kuala Lumpur to work .
Although almost 70 I found out that he is still as strong as a horse .He jogs every morning and lead a happy life .Though not rich , he leads a comfortable life .Now, that is the beauty of God's gift . One may not be rich but he is bestowed with good health and thus happiness .Happiness is something that you cannot quantify and it is very subjective .What is the point of having lots and lots of money and property but you are not healthy and cannot enjoy whatever you have ? The farmers and the fishermen may look poor and earn a meagre income but still can put up decent smiles on their faces ,unlike people in the cities who are proud of their status but rarely smiles. What is always in their mind is how to outwit each other and what they can get out of the other .Everything that is put up is superficial and mostly not true .What a mad ,mad world ?

No comments: