Saturday, February 27, 2010

The wedding of my cousin sister's son in Ipoh .

On 20th.February 2010 morning we ( I and my wife ,Azman and his wife and our grand- daughter Adrina ) left for Ipoh to attend a wedding reception of my cousin's son . My cousin sister Minah was out of contact for a long time . We met only a few years ago at one of the wedding receptions of my other cousin's son/daughter . During my childhood I used to follow my late grandmother to her house in Teluk Intan where she was residing then and we used to stay for the night. . She had an elder brother by the name of Ahmad Redzuan but unfortunately he died at an early age . I heard that the family had moved to Ipoh some years ago but I did not know their address . My uncle , Minah's father passed away in Ipoh some years ago .
We reached my cousin's house at Taman Kledang Jaya , north of Ipoh at about 1.00 pm, after missing our way till the junction to Grik .We did not anticipate that we could have gone that far . It was all because of the new traffic lanes at the North South Highway at Ipoh which did not allow motorists to come to Ipoh if they missed the correct lanes . At the house we met my other cousins who came all the way from Kuala Lumpur ,Teluk Intan and Bagan Datok .It was a very modest wedding reception . However , it was also attended by known figures . Among them was Tan Sri Ramli Ngah Talib , the former Menteri Besar of Perak .
Originally I had planned to go to Cameron Highlands immediately after the wedding . I had not been there for many years and I wanted to see if there is any development there . However I had to shelve the plan because our son Azman had already made arrangements to go there in March 2010 . So after the wedding we checked into a hotel to stay overnight in Ipoh .My son Azman wanted to bring his daughter Adrina to the Sunway ,Tambun ,Ipoh .
The next day after chacking out from our hotel rooms we then proceeded to Tambun ,Ipoh . Hence , whether we liked it or not we too had to go inside the amusement park otherwise we would be left outside . It was a very hot day and we feared our grand daughter would get sick .
We left Ipoh at about 3.00 pm and reached home at about 8.00 pm.

No comments: