Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Family reunion - small open house

I really did not know what prompted me to hold a small Hari Raya open house cum a family reunion in my house this year .We had it on the 11th.October . Perhaps it was just that I wanted to call the neighbours for a small feast. Normally , my wife would put on a blank face each time I bring out the suggestion to have an open house . She would find all sorts of excuses to avoid having it . It was so difficult to erase her negative attitude . As a result this was our first open house since we moved in to Klang .
I took the opportunity to invite my siblings and their families too . I was so delighted all of them came except two of them . Any way , one of them visited us on Hari Raya day and he might felt that it would be redundant on him to come again . The other brother was living in Seremban and had separated from his wife . He probably wanted to avoid bumping into his ex-wife . ( Incidentally his ex-wife came ) . I was more delighted when my mother too came . ( My mother is now staying with my sister in Puncak Alam ) . I hope whatever rifts within my family would have been mended . It was most disgusting to have rifts within the family for some petty reasons .
Almost all the food that were laid on the table were finished . There was no wastage and we were very glad .

No comments: