Monday, December 08, 2008

Never did I know that I would loose a cousin so soon - 12 days after I met him .

Ever since the sms system was known to me , it has been my practice to wish my relatives and friends on festives and special occassions via it . It is so convenient , fast and cheap . So on the eve of Hari Raya Aidil adha this year , I sent quite a number of smses . Among them was the sms which I sent to my cousin Hj.Sulaiman B.Hj.Abd.Samad who was living in Parit Pinang Seribu in Muar , whom I had visited on the 25th October 2008 . I was so surprised and stunned when I received the sms reply from that phone number but sent by his wife informing me that my cousin Hj.Sulaiman had passed away on 6th.November 2008 , 12 days after I visited him . I was not informed of his death till I received that return sms reply from his wife .
At the same time I am grateful to Allah for with His blessing I was able to visit my late cousin on 25th. October .( Refer to the 27th.October 2008 of my blog entry , entitled ' A day in Segamat , a night in Muar and a half day in Melaka ' ). I was so eager to visit him because I had not met him for almost 40 years . We had planned to visit him many times before , but had postponed it due to some unavoidable reasons . When I met him on 25th.Oct.2008 he was already sickly but I did not expect that he would die so soon . We talked for almost an hour reminiscing the good old days of our childhood when we were living as neighbours in Simpang Tiga , Rungkup, Perak . He gave us a good meal of lontong and satay. Since it was still during the Muslim month of Syawal , it was like a visit during the Hari Raya . He asked us to put up the night in his house that night but since we had other plans we had to turn down his offer .We parted that evening but promised him that we would visit him again . Never did I know that it was to be our last meeting .
I could only pray to Allah so that his soul would be among the good souls in Heaven . Amin .

No comments: