Saturday, November 29, 2008

I have lost another relative and a good former neighbour.

On 26th. November 2008 I lost another relative , a childhood neighbour and a kind host to us each time we drop over her house when we came back to the village ,Kg.Batu 38, Sabak Bernam . Mak Hamid or Hamid's mother , we used to call her . It was a normal practice for us in the village to call some one older by the eldest son or daughter's name . Since Hamid was her eldest son , so we called her Hamid's mother .Her actual name was Hajjah Salasiah/Lasiah , if I am not mistaken . She was about 70 years old and was suffering from what we Malaysians used to call as the 3 in 1 disease ( heart , kidney and diabetic problems ) .I was told she was admitted to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital, Klang for some time .Unfortunately I came to know about it only on 11th. October 2008 , even that was informed by some one through a slip of the tongue .
On 12th.October 2008 my wife and I went to the Tengku Ampuan Hospital and visited her at Ward No:7 . She was so happy to see us although she was in pain . Unexpectedly , she asked forgiveness from me and so did I . Before we left her we told her that we would be visiting her again and that we would pray for her recovery .I did not expect that she would die . After that I left for Sarawak . While in Sarawak I called my wife to ask her to visit her at the Hospital to check on her development . Subsequently my wife went the Hospital .Unfortunately , she was not able to see her as she did not know that she had been moved to another Ward . My wife did not pursue further because she thought that she could have been discharged from the Hospital . However on 21st Nov. 2008 I was told by a relative that she was still in the Hospital but was transfered to Ward 8 .On 24th. November 2008 my wife and I went to Ward 8 of the Hospital but was told by the nurse that there was no one by that name admitted into that Ward . So we came back feeling hopeless .
On 27th.November 2008 at about 7.30 am I received a telephone call from Hamid who informed us that his mother had passed away . We were so sad because we visited her only once in the Hospital and now she had passed away . At about 7.40 am we left our home and drove our car to the village to make our courtesy call before her ' last journey ' . We reached the house at about 9.30 am and saw the big crowd there . I had the opportunity to take part in the prayer for her last rites before her burial . Later, I also went to the cemetry and gave my helping hand in the burial process . As it was raining earlier , the cemetry was very muddy . My feet and my trousers was practically soaked with mud .Any way I was satisfied for I had given my helping hand for a good cause .
She was our last relative in the village . Before this I would normally never miss to visit her and her family each time we came back to the village . Now , that she is gone we have no one else to visit there . I guess we have no more reason to be back at the village .
May Allah bless her and may her soul be among the good souls in heaven .
Amin.

No comments: