Friday, October 31, 2008

She seems to be living in a world of her own.

I am really fed up with my wife's recent attitude . Each time I ask her to follow me to a relative's house at least during the few remaining days of Eid ( Hari Raya ) she would give all sorts of execuses that she could find . The other day she refused to follow me visit a relative from my village who was admitted to Hospital for some cronic health problems . A few days earlier she also refused to follow me to our neighbour's house for the Hari Raya visit . She has a funny character that is difficult to explain and of late it is getting worst . If she refuses to mix with the neighbours , then who would we expect to help us in time of need . She seems to be living in a world of her own . The most she would only be nice to her siblings who comes to the house once in a blue moon . Her interests are completely the oppposite of mine . Even when comes to watching TV she refuse to watch programmes that brings knowledge, like News and documentaries . Her only favourite programmes are music and dramas . It is rather odd for a lady of her age to have interests like that . She would be infront of the TV till past midnight to watch such worthless programmes till she forgets her other important responsibilities . I have been telling her of her bad habits but it looks as if that I have been barking at the hard rock and she remains as stubborn as the hard rock of Gibraltar . Unlike when we were living in Shah Alam where she would frequent the mosques and suraus to attend lectures and classes and got herself involved in social/religious activities . Since living in Klang she had never been to the local mosques even for ' tarawikh ' prayers during the Ramadhan month . Infact there are quite a number of activities for women there .
Sometimes I became worried because we would be isolated by the local community if she continue to refuse to assimilate herslef with them . Not only that , I also pity her for the situation she is in , that is loneliness . I hope and pray she would realise her mistakes and mend them for her own good .

No comments: