Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year of 2008

The advent of 2008 was celeberated with joy , laughter ,dances and intoxication madness that possessed our youths . Not that I was not looking forward at the arrival of that auspicious moment - the strike of midnight of the new day , but I was sad looking at what has become of our people who would be the future leaders of this country . The youths seems to have lost their sense of direction and they do not realize that their actions only reflect on their bad attitudes .The country not only need good leaders , but the country also need it's citizens to be responsible , hard working and perseverence in order to achieve the country's vision of becoming into a fully developed nation . To be good citizens we must also be balanced phyically and spiritually , so that our future generation would not be bog down with social problems which could impede the nation's aspirations .
Without really realizing it , I have retired from my job for almost 5 years . Time went by so fast and I am getting old that fast too . At 61 I don't feel that I am too old to live . I am determined to continue on living to see my children getting married having children of their own and to see my grand children grow up . I pray to God so that I would be bestowed with good health in order for me to realize what I had aspired . Unfortunately for me at the moment there is a little problem with my right knee . I cannot walk for long distance because of the excruciating pain . It all started from the left knee . The left knee is almost cured now but it has moved to the right knee instead .Well , that is life of an old man . I am almost confined to my house .During my heydays I did not really take care of my health . I thought it was enough with good food and a little bit of excercise . I did not care to take any extra vitamins or other health supplements .After having been in this predicament ,now I realize the importance of health . Money and and wealth only comes second . Any way I hope I could be cured soon .

No comments: