Saturday, April 22, 2006

A wedding reception fit for the very rich.

Last night we attended a wedding reception at the Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam. It was hosted by my wife's distant relative who happens to be staying in Taman Sri Andalas ,Klang .Well since it was held at the hotel ,it was quite a lively one . The place was superb but the food was not as good and abundant as if we are to have it at our own home .I feel it is not worth it for the price of RM.68.00 per head .If it is for 500 people ( 50 tables x 10 for a table )it would cost RM.34,000/-. If one is very rich then it should be alright , but what if it is a hard-earned money , would you simply want to throw it away within a few hours ? Or if it is borrowed money wouldn't you find it difficult later to repay back the loan ? Just for the sake of glamour and praises from some , you would put yourself in an embarrasing situation after that .Is it worth it ? Worst still if the marriage does not last long .According to Syariah the purpose of the wedding reception is to announce to the public that our daughter is married and one should not make any more proposal to her . A modest feast can be made for friends and neighbours to mark the occassion . It is also an occassion for us to renew our friendships. There should not be any extravagent spending for the purpose .Having said that , does not mean I am totally against the idea of having a wedding reception in a hotel . If I have the extra bounty which I want to share with other people , I would also have it there . Why not ? It all depends on our own situation .Any way that would be my last choice because I would prefer to have more people to have a share of it .
At the end of the reception I met two friends , former sub-ordinate officers with whom I had worked with once , in Klang .One of them is now retired while the other is doing his Masters at UKM . They are staying in the same Taman not far away from our house in Klang .There you are , I have just renewed my friendships with two of my old colleagues .
We came back home at about 11.20 pm .

No comments: