Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Fareen attended an interview at MARA HQ. today.

Almost the whole day was spent in KL today .It was because we had to send our daughter Fareen to the MARA HQ where she attended an interview for a scholarship to study medicine/dentistry/biotechs overseas.It was quite a crowd there with other activities being held there simultaneously . Immediately after her interview was over we sent her to the Pudu Bus station for her to get back to UTM Skudai because she would have to sit for a test the next day.I do not know of her chances in seeking the sponsorship to study overseas .I could only pray for her success . I want the best for her .If she chooses to study overseas then I'll have no say but to support her .She chooses to study in Australia if she is successful in her application .Obviously she do not want any thing less than her sister, Eileen .This is a good development for it is a healthy competition which keeps her spirit going and motivate her to study harder .On the other hand ,I hope her sister Eileen would not feel threatened . Instead she should feel proud because she had helped to motivate her sister to follow in her footsteps . I would be the happiest man in the world if both of them would be successful in their profession as doctors and could work together in a clinic which they would share as equal partners .I am looking forward to seeing them being nice to each other .I am a bit unhappy of their present relationship which is not very sisterly .I hope both of them would try to mend matters .After all they are the only 2 sisters in our family .
To reminisce what happened to me more than 38 years ago ,after my Cambridge School Certificate ( equivalent to SPM today ) ,because of poverty my father failed to send me to Form VI although I passed my Sixth Form Entrance Exams.(I was one of 4 students only from my school who passed that exams) .I was very eager to continue my studies. At that time that was the only way for us to go to university . Feeling frustrated ,shamelessly , I cried so hard that even the neighbours could hear my cries ,despite of the fact that our kampong houses were quite far apart . Cleverly , my father tried to console me by telling me not to blame fate for what had happened . Further, he told me that there could be a 'hikmah' ( hidden agenda by God ) for my failure to continue my studies then. He further hinted to me that my chidren ( although I was not yet married then) could be very successful in their studies instead .Today , I am grateful to my late father for what he had predicted 38 years ago are beginning to show signs of the truth .May he rest in peace .
I am grateful to Allah too .

1 comment:

gulagula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.